Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools & Colleges (Teaching Assistant)
This qualification is an introduction to the knowledge and understanding needed to work in a school or college environment. It can apply to the many varied roles that full and part-time support staff may fulfil including: administrative roles, site support roles, technical roles, and volunteers, as well as roles that work directly with children and young people in the learning environment. The qualification is aimed at a range of learners, including young people, mature learners, learners with special educational needs, or where English is an additional language, who are thinking of working in a school or college setting.
· Understand Schools and Colleges as Organisations
· Understand Children and Young People’s development
· Safeguarding Children and Young People
· Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion in a Learning Environment for Children and Young People
· Maintain Relationships with Children and Young People
· Support the Health and Safety of Children and Young People
· Support Positive Behaviour in a Learning Environment for Children and Young People
· Contribute to Teamwork in a Learning Environment
· Understand Children and Young People’s Play and Pleasure
· Promote an Effective Learning Environment
· Provide Displays in a Learning Environment
Completion of this course will teach you the basics of what schools and colleges are as organisations and what their purpose is. Furthermore, a lot of the focus is on children and young people regarding their health and well-being, combined with making sure that the learning environment for the children is friendly and effective therefore a stimulus to their learning.
We use the online learning suite Moodle to enable you to learn both from the comfort of your own home or any other location.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year!
HELP WHEN YOU NEED IT
Free tutor support 6 days a week online, by phone, email, or live chat.
SHOW YOUR ACHIEVEMENT
Gain a certificate for each course you complete to demonstrate your new skills; for a new employer, to evidence your professional development, or for personal interest.
LEARN BY DOING
Practical tasks in each course to aid your understanding.
If you are interested in the course above or want to find out more about our exciting range of courses please fill in the form below.
Our Delivery Partners
*terms and conditions apply